We do not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from children under the age of fourteen. The website is for a general audience and is not specifically targeted to or intended for use by children.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect and use your Personal Information to manage our relationship with you, to communicate with you, to obtain your feedback, to improve our products, to conduct research and marketing activities, and to comply with the law.
We collect and use several types of information that you provide, including:
- Personal Information, that we can use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, username or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline.
- Non-personal information is information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- Usage information, includes your login information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platforms, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website Interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), click stream to, through and from our website (including dates and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How We Collect The Information
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- In-Store: When you visit one of our stores, we may ask you for certain information while you interact with one of our representatives. This may include contact information, payment information, product information and other information you provide when you purchase a vehicle or service from us, and when you finance your lease or purchase through our partners, including your name, email address, address, phone number and financial information.
- Online Accounts: If you sign up for an online account through the website, we may ask you to provide your username, password, email address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, past purchases.
- Marketing Communications: If you would like to receive marketing communications from us, you may do so by signing up on the website or in our stores. We will ask you to provide your email address or phone number so we can send you marketing materials.
- Communicating with Us: When you contact us about a customer service issue, or to make other inquiries, we collect the content of those communications, and any additional information about the method of communication such as phone, SMS, email, chat, or through social media platforms. For example, if you email us, we will collect your email address, if you send us a text message, we will collect your phone number, and so on.
- Loyalty & Rewards Programs: If you enroll in a loyalty or rewards program, we collect information such as your name, email, telephone number, or mailing address to track your rewards and allow you to redeem them across our brands.
- Other information You Provide Online: This includes information provided when you subscribe to our service, post material, or request further services, such a quote. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
We use various technologies such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons ("Data Technologies") that automatically collect Information on how you use our site and to improve your browsing experience. "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing Information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online behavioral or interest based advertising. To learn more or to opt out of tailored advertising, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website.
Information We Collect About You from Third Parties
During use of the website, as a result of disclosure to third parties, or as a consequence of the network connections used to connect to the website or any related servers or computer networks, any data transmitted outside of Canada and may be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics and web analytics services provided by Google Inc. to help us measure traffic and usage trends. Google Analytics sets a cookie to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the website to help us understand how visitors engage with the website and track visitor interactions. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and without identifying individual visitors. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google states that it will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By accessing this Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Google Analytics uses its own cookies to store information, such as what time the visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout,which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits. Learn more about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on and other Google Analytics privacy information https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Information We Create Ourselves
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your Personal Information, to manage our business and to maintain and develop commercial relationships with you.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To improve the website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
Information We Collect
We collect and maintain different types of personal information concerning the individuals with whom we interact. For example, we may collect:
- your contact information, such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address;
- information which enables us to provide you with the products or services that you seek, including any information you provide to us when you create or maintain an account with us;
- information which enables us to offer you products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, including information about your interests, purchase patterns, incentive eligibility, vehicle purchase intentions, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, education level, occupation, and marital status);
- information about your use of certain services that we may provide to you, or that may be provided through your vehicle; and
- information about your vehicle, including: (i) your vehicle's make, model, and model year; (ii) vehicle identification number (VIN); (iii) license plate number; (iv) whether it was a new or used, lease or purchase, and/or a trade-in; (v) date of purchase or lease; (vi) the term of your lease or financing and other loan-related information; (vii) service information (e.g. service history, recalls, warranty and repair data, mileage, diagnostic data about the performance or status of vehicle modules and systems); and (viii) applicable third party service providers (e.g. cellular provider, satellite radio provider, etc.).
How We Share Your Information
Sharing With Our Partners
We may provide your data, including your Personal Information, to our affiliated companies and brands, to third parties who provide services to you or us, to promotional partners, to social media companies, or to other third parties as needed to carry out our business, or comply with a legal obligation.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of your Personal Information. We have put appropriate physical, technological and procedural security measures in place designed to help prevent your Personal Information from being lost, used, modified or accessed in an unauthorized way, or improperly disclosed.
We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
Once the retention period is over, we will dispose of your Personal Information as provided for in our internal record retention and destruction policy.
Access and Rectification Requests
You have the right to request and to have access to your Personal Information that is held by us. You can also request that your Personal Information be rectified if it is inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal or if its collection, communication or storage is not authorized by law.
We will respond to every request for access and rectification within 30 days of receiving the written request. If we refuse to provide access to or rectify your Personal Information, we will tell you the reasons for the refusal, subject to the restrictions prescribed by law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
All questions or concerns regarding this Policy or about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information may be addressed to:
1450 Victoria St N Kitchener ON
Telephone: (888) 693-5583
Email: Contact Dealership for details
Privacy Officer Contact Details:
1450 Victoria St N Kitchener ON
Email: Contact Dealership for details
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you use our website, as part of the purchase process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer's internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our website, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information via an inquiry, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at (888) 693-5583.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
If you use your credit card to reserve a vehicle or order parts or a service, then Kitchener Nissan stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our website and its service providers.
SECTION 4 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 5 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 6 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We've listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Kitchener Nissan to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
Kitchener Nissan visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit. Used by our website provider's internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
Kitchener Nissan uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a website by a single customer.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
SECTION 7 - ADVERTISING POLICY
1. Ensure any ad data collected, received or derived from your Facebook or Instagram ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
2. Don’t use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your Facebook advertising campaigns.
3. Don’t use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
4. Don't transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our website is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at (888) 693-5583 or mail to us at 1450 Victoria St N, Kitchener, ON, N2B 3E2.